The Test Server is a server where new features will be available first. It is located at http://www.rocketeergames.com/redcrucible/test/.
Most of the time, the test server is only open to test players. However, in rare occasions, it is open to everyone.
The test server was open for a considerable time during 2013. It showed many vehicles that were not seen at any point later. The map 73 Easting was showed, with the following vehicles in it:
- Yak-38 (later changed to Su-25 and A-10 Thunderbolt II)
- M998 HMMWV and UAZ-469 (with machine guns on the top which were removed later for unknown reasons.)
- M60 Patton and T-62M
- M48 Chaparral and 9K35 Strela-10
The arena Grimrog was also demonstrated, with the following new vehicles:
- AV-8 Harrier and Yak-38
- AH-1 Cobra and Ka-52 (later changed to AH-64A Apache and Mi-24)
- 9K35 Strela-10
Red Crucible: Firestorm Edit
The test server for Firestorm was opened on January 22 and closed on April 11, 2015. Firestorm was teased in Youtube videos, and many vehicles were seen in previews, but not in the public beta.
- Alpha (not public)
- Beta (public)
- YW-309 (changed from a heavy cannon + ATGM to a autocannon + machine gun during public beta)