|Based on:||Accuracy International Artic Warfare|
┌ ┐ Get this Bolt Action Sniper Rifle, L96 variant! Armed with 7.62mm rounds, this sniper rifle is sure to send your enemies packing. RGS Facebook └ ┘
The Taranis is a premium Sniper weapon, released on December 10, 2014.
Just like with the Talon, the scope mechanics react differently to every other sniper rifle in the game. Instead of having the screen fill with the scope, only the center portion becomes zoomed. This means the edges of the screen remain the natural view.
This can be a positive attribute of the Taranis family, because it allows the player to see opponents to the sides, without stopping to remove the zoom. However, the well-known twitching ADS glitch in RC2 makes the scope inaccurate.
Despite it's relatively low base damage, the Taranis can still one-shot opponents if hitting the uppermost chest area. This, along with going for headshots, is not a reliable way to attain kills.
The Taranis is an oddity. It doesn't have enough damage to make it a suitable long-range sniper due to the need for multiple shots to take down a single player, and it doesn't have the rate of fire to make it suitable for mid-shorter ranges.
The damage of all three versions is the same.
Taranis B Edit
|Price:||350 or 35,000|
The Taranis Bronze is the default version of the weapon. It has a 10 round clip, and x8 zoom scope.
Taranis S Edit
|Price:||650 or 65,000|
The Taranis Silver's only improvements are a slight change in the scope zoom, and damage increase. It has a 10 round clip like the Bronze but has a x10 zoom scope instead.
Taranis G Edit
|Price:||1,000 or 100,000|
The Taranis Gold, like most other Gold premium weapons, features a custom camouflage pattern and a sound suppressor. It also has a 15 round clip, and has a x12 zoom scope.
- The Taranis has an unique scope, which looks just like in real life. It also features a unique smoke effect when firing.
- The Taranis family deals the lowest damage of all the premium sniper rifles, but have steady fire rates and headshots are always instant-kill.
- Taranis guns should be used carefully in smaller arenas, such as Red Dawn. They are relatively accurate, but require the player to aim for already weakened opponents, or for headshots.
- Before Red Crucible Firestorm Open Beta was released, this weapon was called the 'LG96', with the Taranis S being displayed. This can be seen in the Frankfurt Alpha Gameplay by Rocketeer Games.
- The Taranis family has the fastest bolt cycling rate of all the bolt action guns in the game.
See also Edit
|Assault||AK Gold • M4 SpecOps • Dual Uzi • Double Dz • Saiga-12 • Master Blaster • Mobster • GROZA-M • Reaper • Grizzly • Death Adder • M16C • Snowball Cannon • Ronin • Scar • G36 • Vortex • Wasp • Slayer • Commando|
|Support||Pain Killer • Tiger SAW • MG36 • Patriot • Hellraiser|
|Sniper||M82 Predator • Cobra • Golden Dragon • Crossbow • Viper• Talon • Taranis • Beast|
|Demolitions||Panzer Pistol • Panzerfaust • MGL|
|Secondary||Enforcer • Katana • Wolverine • Milestone • Wraith • Kukri • Venom • Banshee • Shamrock • Shillelagh • Jackal|